PUPPY START RIGHT PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION
Are you ready to sign up your puppy?
Puppy Start Right: Click to find out what it is all about!
Puppy Start Right Preschool Tuition is $135.00 and consist of 9 sessions!
(Deer Run Clients who adopt puppies through rescues or shelters receive a $10.00 discount)
An orientation session done live at Deer Run or online
Four live classroom lessons at Deer Run Animal Hospital
Four on-demand lessons in the comfort of your home
and the Puppy Start Right Textbook (a $25.00 value)
- All household members involved in the daily activity of the puppy.
- Puppies should be between 7 and 12 weeks when starting classroom lessons.
- Puppies should have their 1st DHPP vaccination at least 10 days prior to 1st class.
- You may begin orientation while you are waiting.
- If under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 8 years of age may attend but must be accompanied by 2 adults.
- Puppy Start Right Preschool Classes are also open to Non-Deer Run Clients!
- Includes Orientation Session (online or at Deer Run)
- (4) Online Lessons (online lessons are available for your viewing for 8 weeks once you have started the course)
- (4) One Hour Classroom Lessons
- AND the Puppy Start Right book!
- Class size is limited to 4 puppies. Your pup will get personalized attention!
- Evenings at 7:00 PM. Ask about days available as they periodically change. Other times may also become available.
- Enroll any time a class space is open after vaccination criteria are met.
- Other class times may become available, ask us!
- Early puppyhood is a critical time for socialization and learning!!
- PUPPY CLASS IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR PUPPY REACH HIS OR HER FULL POTENTIAL!!
Our NEW Training Room!!
If you cannot make a class, 24 hour advance notice is greatly appreciated. Missed sessions can be made up at a later date with advance notice. If you fail to show up without at least 2 hours advance notification, you will still be charged for your session. Call 219-864-7180 before 6 PM or email email@example.com if you are unable to attend.
We want to keep all our puppies healthy! To help prevent the spread of contagious disease preventative veterinary care is required before attending class. If your puppy is a patient at Deer Run Animal Hospital, we will administer and verify your puppy's preventative health care requirements.
The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB) Position Statement on Puppy Classes and Vaccination (Click to view)
If your puppy is NOT a patient of Deer Run Animal Hospital, please download the preventative Health Care Requirements document below and the Veterinary Health Certificate Document and have your pup's veterinarian complete them and return them before your first class.
What to bring to class:
- A 4 or 6 foot nylon or leather leash (Please do not bring a retractable leash)
- Your puppy needs to have a regular type nylon or leather buckle collar or harness. No prong, choke or chain collars please!
- A special mat for your puppy to do mat work with and to relax on when not actively training
- Lots and lots of yummy treats cut into tiny pea pieces. Bring several types of treats! (cheese, cooked meats, ready made soft chewy treats, whatever your puppy likes best!)
- If your puppy has a favorite toy, you can bring that as well.
- Water dishes will be provided for your pup.
TO REGISTER: please download and print out the forms below and bring back, FAX (219-864-7183) or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org